Today was a great day! I woke up, took the pup on a walk (we have a 2 year old German Shepherd, but more on her later!), and got in a solid workout!
I am going to be really honest, I used to hate breakfast. I never thought breakfast was that important so I would usually just skip it. I started to realize that my mornings would really drag and I was extremely sluggish. So one day I woke up and finally at breakfast, it wasn’t anything fancy just toast and a piece of fruit. But I instantly had more energy and was way more alert when I was at work!
Mornings are usually pretty busy around here so I usually cook something for breakfast that we can heat up, or through together easily in the morning. Last night I did lots of recipe testing, my boyfriend loves when I do that because he’s usually the taste tester! His favorite is this sun-dried tomato and basil frittata.
This frittata has so many amazing Italian flavors in it, fresh basil, the sweet sun-dried tomatoes, and SAUSAGE (I found sun-dried tomato chicken sausage so I used that, any type of precooked Italian sausage works really well too)! And the best part is that it heats up pretty well too! just pop a piece in in the microwave at half power for about 1-2 minutes and you’re good to go!
Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Frittata
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sausages, small dice
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 yellow onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, very thin slice
- salt and pepper (about a teaspoon each)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- non stick cooking spray, I use an olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree and spay a baking dish with the cooking spray (I used a 7×10 you can use a 9×9 as well).
- In a small saute pan heat the olive oil and add the onion, saute for about 3 minutes and then add in the minced garlic, continue to saute for about 5 additional minutes.
- In a mixing bowl crack the eggs and whisk them well, once the onions and garlic have cooled a little you can add everything into the mixing bowl and stir it all together gently.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top starts to brown a little, and ENJOY!