Okay guys, confession time. I am a huge fan of all the bachelor shows and spin offs, they make Mondays better. Any other Bachelor fans out there? Right now we are in the second week of Bachelor in Paradise and it’s already getting good, last nights episode left us on a bit of a cliff hanger and I am sooo ready for tonight’s episode!
Another guilty pleasure of mine, pasta salad! It’s something I usually cave in the summer. It’s a great side dish at any BBQ, or can even be a full meal if you throw in some shredded rotisserie chicken (I’ll be honest with you rotisserie chicken is probably the best hack you can get at a grocery store! its so versatile and you can literally use it in a million different ways).
This pasta salad is hands down my favorite recipe! I’ve made many different types but I always come back to this one, it’s creamy, fresh, and lite all at the same time! Pasta Salads are great because they are completely customizable , you can add in different veggies, use a different pasta shape (even gluten free!), you can really do anything you want with it. I hope you guys enjoy the recipe and let me know what your spin on pasta salad is!
Creamy Pasta Salad
- 5 cups of cooked pasta, I use cavatappi
- 1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil mayo
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp fresh dill, minced
- 3 Tbsp pickling liquid from pepperoncini (Jalapeno would work too)
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup diced pepperoncini
- 1/4 cup green onion, only the green parts for garnish
- Cook the pasta, according to box directions, in salted water. Drain well and set aside to cool completely in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add the Greek yogurt, avocado mayo, dijon mustard, garlic salt, dill, pickling liquid, and pepper. Mix well making sure everything gets incorporated.
- Once the pasta has cooled add the onion, carrots, olives, and pepperoncinis and mix well. finally add the dressing and mix until everything is coated evenly. serve with green onion on top, and ENJOY!