It’s hump day, which means we only have two more days until the weekend! Does anyone have big plans this weekend? I’m excited to say that I don’t have much going on this weekend full of walking the pup and relaxing on the patio (maybe even some grill recipes coming our way!).
For today’s recipe, I am sharing my recipe for Italian style turkey meatballs! They are paleo and gluten-free, and best of all super easy to make with very little mess. These meatballs are packed with all the usual Italian flavors, garlic, parsley, and onion, but with no guilt!
I came up with this recipe for my boyfriend. We both love to meal prep because we are both usually really busy and meatballs are a great way to make that happen. I can make a larger batch of them and he can eat them throughout the week and with each meatball being about 2 oz measuring out meals is not an issue! I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Italian Style Turkey Meatballs
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup of oat flour (or you can finely grind your own oats in a food processor)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well, don’t over mix because this will lead to dense meatballs.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll it into a ball, place the meatballs about an inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for about 20 or until they are completely cooked through.