Did this week drag on for anyone else? For me it seemed like this week was never going to end, so I am totally ready for the weekend!
With Labor Day right round the corner I’m excited for my leggings and boots, but at the same time I’m not ready for summer to be over. Luckily, here in Northern California it is really hot today, so I’m in the mood for something lite.
I’m making a watermelon and arugula salad with a balsamic vinaigrette. I love arugula because it has a peppery kick to it. And watermelon is definitely my favorite fruit because it’s so refreshing and a little sweet. The salad is so balanced between the sweetness of the watermelon and the kick from the arugula, I literally can’t get enough of it!
I also have a homemade balsamic vinaigrette to go with it! I find the easiest way to make a vinaigrette is to use a small mason jar, this way you just throw all the ingredients in and shake it up and you can save it in the refrigerator for later (they usually last about 2 weeks)! I hope that you enjoy this lite refreshing salad!
Watermelon Arugula Salad
- 4 cups of arugula
- 2 cups of watermelon, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, small slices (optional)
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 of a lemon juiced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dice the watermelon into bite sized pieces. In a large mixing bowl (or salad bowl) toss together the arugula, watermelon, and red onion.
- In a small mason jar, or small bowl, add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and shake, or stir, well.
- Toss the salad with as much of the vinaigrette as you like and ENJOY!