Guess what today is, Taco Tuesday!! I am a huge fan of Taco Tuesday, I think I like tacos so much because they can really be anything you want. My favorite tacos right now are definitely these avocado tacos, I can really get on board with anything that has avocado!
These tacos have baked avocado fries (but fresh avocado it also great in these), pickled red onion, broccoli slaw, and a chipotle lime crema! They are seriously so amazing. These do require a little more prep than I usually like but if you make the pickled red onion and slaw in the beginning of the week it’s a lot easier, and all you have to do it throw it all together.
When I am making tacos, or really anything with a tortilla I am always a little worried about the amount of carbs. I found La Tortilla Factory has these amazing low carb tortillas! I have also see, and been really curious about siete foods tortillas (they are paleo friendly and gluten free) so naturally I had to order them. I will let you all know what I think soon!
Without further ado here is the recipe for my avocado tacos, I hope you enjoy them!
Fried Avocado Tacos
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. After you have sliced the avocado take the lime juice and drizzle a little over the top of each slice, the sprinkle with a little salt.
- Crack and scramble the eggs in a small bowl. Spread the panko on a plate.
- Take each slice of avocado and dip it into the egg wash, then into the panko. A good tip is to use one had in the egg wash and the other in the panko, this will keep both hands from getting overly messy.
- Once all of the slices of avocado have been through the breading process bake them on the center rack for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Wrap the tortillas in tinfoil and place in the oven, with the avocado, for 1-2 minutes to warm them.
- To build the tacos, take two slices of the avocado, top with the broccoli slaw, add the pickled red onion, drizzle over the crema, top it all off with some fresh jalapeno and cilantro, and finally ENJOY!