Hi everyone! I hope you all had a lovely and fun labor day weekend! We tried to beat the heat up here in Northern California and go to a beach in Carmel, but even there is ended up being 107 degrees! I am so happy that is it finally stating to cool off! I did get to experiment with a lot of grilling recipes this weekend though, so get excited!
Today I am sharing my favorite lunch recipe, hands down! It is super simple and can be made in advance so that you can have it for lunches throughout the week, it also makes a great bag lunch for work! This is my chickpea salad recipe, it is a great vegetarian substitute for tuna or chicken salad.
In this chickpea salad I have carrots, celery, onion, garlic and jalapenos (I could put jalapenos on just about anything)! It is a super healthy recipe, and a great source of protein for any vegetarian. You can be served on anything from bread, tortillas, or the lettuce (as shown). I really hope that you enjoy it!
Chickpea Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 1 can (15 oz) Chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 3 1/2 Tbsp your favorite mustard (I use a sweet and spicy mustard)
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 leaves of romaine lettuce
- In a food processor add in the can of chickpeas, mustard, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Pulse about 4 times until it just starts to become smooth, you don’t don’t want to over mix it.
- Remove the blade and stir in the remaining ingredients (except the romaine!), divide the chickpea salad evenly between the romaine and ENJOY!