I am so happy that the weekend is only a day away! I am going to take this weekend to get some fun new recipes ready for you all! But I am super excited about this recipe. It is quick easy and absolutely delicious.
I am a really big fan of making your own take out, this way you can control exactly what goes in it. Sure ordering take out may be easier but it’s usually filled with grease and too much sodium. My version of beef lo mien is loaded with veggies and good quality protein (of course if you are a vegetarian you can leave out the beef)! I hope that you enjoy it!
Beef Lo Mien
- 1 lbs thinly sliced sirloin or flank steak
- 1 (10oz) package of lo mien noodles
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, sliced
- 3 baby shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 green onions thinly sliced, for garnish
for the sauce
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger (fresh or ground)
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Heat a large nonstick pan with avocado oil.
- Cook the lo mien noodles according to package directions.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together low sodium soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic powder, and sriracha for the sauce and set aside.
- In a tiny bowl mix together the garlic powder, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. sprinkle the rub over both sides of each steak.
- Add the steak to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side, remove and set aside (you should let it rest about 5 minutes).
- Add the onion, mushrooms, peppers and carrots to the pan (you can add a slash more oil if needed). Saute the veggies for about 8 minutes until that are tender. While the veggies are cooking thinly slice the rested steak into about 1 inch strips.
- Add the soy sauce mixture to the pan, then add the noodle, and finally add in the steak. Toss everything together and serve with the green onions as garnish. ENJOY!