Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend and is as excited for fall as I am! I love the fall, I grew up in New York and fall always meant boots, sweaters, apple picking, and hot apple cider!! Living in California I do miss the leaves changing but luckily I am heading back to New York for some much needed family time on Friday (don’t worry though I have lots of recipes lined up for while I’m away).
Another fall favorite of mine, FOOTBALL! I love college and NFL, for those of you wondering I am a Penn State fan and NY Giants. It looks like it’ll be a great football season. One of my favorite parts of football is tailgating though and since I am 3000 miles away from my teams I tailgate at home. I plan on sending out my favorite game day recipe (most will be healthy but some will be indulgent!) every Saturday so you can try them at your tailgate or game day party!
The biggest crowd favorite around our house are my grilled buffalo wings! They have just enough spice and a little smoke from the grill! I really hope that you enjoy them!
Grilled Buffalo Wings
- 3 lbs whole wings
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup your favorite wing sauce
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Heat the grill to about 350 degrees, medium heat.
- In a small bow mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. liberally coat the wings in this rub.
- Once the grill is heated place the wings on the grill, you are going to want them to be close together so it creates some steaming acting, this will keep your wings really moist!
- Cook the wings for 20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes. While the wings re cooking, heat the hot sauce on the stove on a lower eat and add in the honey stirring occasionally.
- Once the wings are cooked through remove them from the grill. Break the wings down into drums and wings and remove the tips.
- Toss the wings into a clean large bowl with the wing sauce. Put the wings back on the grill and cook 1-2 minutes each side. Remove from grill and toss in sauce again, then serve and ENOJY!